Skip to main navigation.

Tax Exemption Form

The Kansas Department of Revenue strongly suggests that tax exemption certificates be updated every 3 to 5 years. Twin Valley Electric is currently in the process of updating these forms.

State regulations say that electricity used in the following industries are exempt from sales tax: non-profit organizations, educational institutions, and government entities. Also qualifying for tax exemption are those accounts that serve oil wells and irrigation of crops. Twin Valley recently sent tax exemption certificates to those accounts in which there is currently an exemption certificate on file due to the nature of their business. If you received a form and have not returned it, please do so immediately to maintain the tax exempt status.

When Twin Valley receives a completed certificate informing of tax exempt status, the account will be changed so that no taxes will be charged. All residences in the state of Kansas are exempt from paying state sales tax.

If you feel that your account should be tax exempt and you have not received a form from Twin Valley, you may obtain a copy of the form in one of the following ways:

  • Call the Twin Valley office and an exemption statement will be mailed to you.
  • Click here to print your form.

If you have any questions about your account and whether it qualifies for tax exemption, please contact the Twin Valley office.

Powered by Touchstone Energy Cooperatives Logo