Operation Round Up is a voluntary program, funded by Twin Valley Electric members.
Each month, members can choose to round up their electric bills to the nearest dollar, for example a bill that is $52.24 will round to $53.00 and the extra change, $0.76, is donated to Operation Round Up. The program supports local Food4Kids, a kid-friendly, school-based program. Twin Valley has been participating in the Food 4 Kids program for ten years. A huge thank you to our members who donate each month or a onetime donation to our Operation Round Up to make this happen. If you are interested in donating to Operation Round Up please call the office 866-784-5500.
Each Friday, the Food 4 Kids program allows participating schools to receive food and backpacks from the Kansas Food Bank at no cost so that we can provide food to those children who may not be getting sufficient food outside of school on a regular basis. Food 4 Kids bags contain different foods designed to provide nutrition and calories to hungry school children on the weekends. Kid-friendly foods require no preparation so kids can just open and eat. Bags contain a variety of foods, including:
- Peanut butter (12-ounce jar) and a sleeve of crackers
- Beans and franks (pop-top can)
- Beef jerky (1 ounce)
- Cereal (1-ounce bowl or box)
- Fruit cups (peaches, applesauce, etc.)
- Raisins (snack-size boxes)
- Pudding cups
- Juice boxes (apple, orange, or other juice)
- Milk (aseptic pack boxes that do not require refrigeration)
- Cereal bars or granola bars