Water Heater Energy Efficiency Program
The objective of the Twin Valley Electric Water Heater Energy Efficiency Program is to promote energy efficiency and conservation by the Twin Valley Electric Member Systems by encouraging consumers to install energy efficient electric water heaters; standard or lifetime units.
Rebates shall be limited to one water heater per location. However, multiple rebates to a consumer for approved multiple electric water heater installations, at the consumer’s premises, shall be available. If a water heater rebate was paid on the unit being replaced, a second rebate can be paid only if the warranty has expired.
Twin Valley Electric will apply rebates to member's electric account. Request for rebates shall be presented to Twin Valley on a standardized certificate of installation form, filled out completely, which includes the following information:
- The date the water heater was installed.
- The type of water heater installation, i.e., replacing a non-electric water heater, new construction installation or replacing an electric water heater.
- Complete the following information about the water heater: standard or lifetime water heater, manufacturer’s name, energy factor, and gallon size of the unit. In addition, please complete and or confirm warranty information.
- The name, mailing address, and the account number of the electric account to receive the rebate.
Qualifying Standards for Electric Water Heater Rebates
- Electric water heaters must have a minimum capacity of 40 gallons and a maximum connected wattage of 5500 watts. This requirement may be waived on a case-by-case basis, particularly in commercial applications, where a larger wattage or smaller capacity may be installed.
- Effective April 16, 2016, all electric water heaters that meet the qualifications and specifications set forth in this policy shall be eligible for a rebate. Twin Valley Electric will not rebate on-demand or tankless electric water heaters.
- All water heater’s must be equipped with a safety pressure relief valve.
Rebate Payment Levels
The rebate for replacing a non-electric water heater, new construction or replacing an existing electric water heater with a qualifying standard water heater will be $200.00.
Complete the form at right and mail to our office.
Twin Valley Electric
PO Box 368
1511 14,000 Rd.
Altamont, KS 67330
If you have any questions about the service you can call the office at 620-784-5500.
Heating/Cooling System Energy Efficiency Program
The objective of Twin Valley Electric heat Energy Efficiency Program is to encourage energy efficiency and conservation by the Twin Valley Member Systems by encouraging member consumers to install qualified air source heat pumps or geothermal heat pumps to heat and cool their homes or businesses.
Twin Valley will apply rebates to member's electric account. A request for a rebate shall be presented to Twin Valley on a standardized Certificate of Installation form, filled out completely, which includes the following information:
- The date installation was completed. The name and mailing address of the member who has installed the qualifying air source heat pump or a geothermal heat pump. If the equipment was installed at a different address, include location of the new heating system.
- Type of new electric heating equipment installed and application, i.e., a replacement for a non-electric system, an installation in new construction, or a replacement for an existing electric system. In addition, please complete and/or confirm warranty information.
- The SEER, HSPF, and tonnage for an air source heat pump. The COP, EER, and tonnage for a geothermal heat pump.
- The minimum requirements for an air source heat pump is that the heat pump must be a Energy Star certified and have a SEER rating of 14.5. Rebate amounts increase on a graduated basis as the SEER and HSPF rating sincrease. The requirements for a geothermal heat pump, are the minimum requirements set forth by Energy Star. Current energy efficiency ratings and respective rebate amounts are listed on the KEPCo Certificate of Installation document, which will be updated whenever Energy Star ratings are changed.
- There is no minimum unit size required.
- Must be permanently installed.
Rebate Payment Levels
- The payment for an air source heat pump will be $50 per half-ton for a 14.5 SEER, $75 per half-ton for a 16 SEER, and $100 per half-ton for a 17 SEER and above.
- The payment for a geothermal heat pump will be $125 per every half ton.